Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Weekly Menu

Last week, after a very busy weekend, I chose not to go to the grocery store and, instead, got creative with what was in my freezer/cupboards.  I was kinda surprised at the great stuff we ate all week!

Here is this weeks Menu Plan - I decided to include our weekend meals even though I don't plan on posting this until Sunday or Monday; I shop on Saturday morning so our "week" actually begins on Saturday!

Saturday:  Well, our local HUGE fair was cancelled due to extensive flooding so our plans kinda got nixed . . on to plan B!  We are going to the lake and having a picnic :-) 

Sunday: Baked teriyaki chicken, Savory Rice, "Fried" Zucchini (just zucchini sliced and cooked with onion and a little butter) and Creamy 5-Cup Fruit Salad  The chicken is one of our favorites!  The other two sides are old stand-bys which we enjoy.  The Fruit Salad is something new (and is very good!)

Monday: Tacos - we love tacos in this house and I came across this recipe to make them without the packet of seasoning.  It is something I've been wanting to do so this seemed like the perfect time to do so.  We'll also have Savory Rice and Chips with some of my canned salsa.

Tuesday: Turkey enchiladas with creamy cilantro - just a new recipe that intrigued me. Biscuits and Salad

Wednesday:  Spaghetti, Green Beans and Garlic Bread

Thursday: Chicken Roll-Ups with Sweet Carrots and Salad.  I've tried various Chicken Roll-up recipes and have not been thrilled.  This one seems a little better - it is "dryer" that a lot of the ideas I've tried.

Friday: I'm not sure :-)  Our Anniversary is Thursday; the kids are going to my parents for the weekend (as of today); so I think we'll either order pizza or maybe even hit up Applebees for dinner here in town.

Our Sweet Treats: Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars - my husband has told me he loves Bar cookies more than regular cookies so I've been on the search for more recipes; we'll see how this one turns out!
Heath Bar Cake - this just looks really yummy :-) Blueberry Muffins - these are really for my breakfast - I have to have something simple or I end up snacking all morning!

There are actually quite a few new recipes listed so I'll make sure and let you know what ones we really enjoyed :-)

No comments: