Adapted from Lemon Sugar
- 2 cans store-bought crescent rolls
- 1-1.5 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream (or milk or half & half)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on crescent roll package. (Ours was 375 degrees F).
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Place a heaping tablespoon or so of cherry pie filling at the wide end of each crescent roll, and gently roll it up.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake according to package directions, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, prepare the glaze.
- Combine confectioners sugar, cream and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- The glaze should be thin enough to coat and run off a spoon, so add more sugar or liquid as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Generously pour glaze over hot rolls, and enjoy warm