My March Focus is:
Strengthen my Scrapbooking
I know, really? But yes! The reason I picked this is because I already have some things in place to help this happen.
1. Put together my new shelves (an early birthday present!) to house my scrapbooks. Two of the shelves arrived; once I get those put together and organized, I will order one more if needed. My shelves are not together. I'm hoping that whatever day Darryl takes off during spring break we can work together and get them put together.
2. Sort my albums as I put them on shelves. I need to see what is missing and what needs to be updated.Since my shelves aren't together, this hasn't been done.
3. Update any and all albums that I can (some might have to be spread out over the year depending on what needs to be done. Until I do 1 and 2 above, I can't do this one.
4. Continue to plan to order the current months photo and one other months photos. This is on schedule.
5. Continue to plan to order one month of digital pages a month This is on schedule
Even though I have a main focus, there are some other things I'm focusing on too.
1. Add exercise to our daily routine - the weather has not been our friend yet this year but maybe, just maybe March will be our month! The weather is FINALLY nice! So it is time to start walking!
2. Now that the weather is starting to maybe clear, I might actually try to do my first Shipt SHop.Not yet but it's still on the plan.
3. Schedule an eye appointment - I think I need new contacts and I DO need new glasses!Done! I have both new contacts and glasses and I can see again!
4. Paint the Dining Room - I'll be honest, I'm not sure I can actually fit this in this month but I want it on the radar. Not done, still on the radar though - maybe spring break?
5. Put up the spring/summer shower curtain (Maybe that is why it is still snowing - I still have my snowflake shower curtain up HA!)Done!
6. Price out a different Homeschool option for next year and see if it is a doable plan if we decided to not do connections academy next year. Not Done
7. Decide about camp for the boys - they have expressed a real interest in going this summer to a full week of camp - I need to see if we can make this happen financially. Still working on this.
8. Find one activity to do this month as a family. It seems small, but we did the Pinewood Derby at church, then later that day, we went to Taco Bell for dinner and laughed lots, looked at some new cars for fun, and then got ice cream at McDonald's.
9. Continue to read - I think I'm doing pretty good on this one.Still doing good.
10. Make sure I have our St. Patrick's stuff in the plans are in place.Done
11. Update the holiday journal Not done as of the writing of this - but the 31st of March is still a few days away ;-)
12. Purchase items for the boys Easter Basket and get their Easter outfits I have picked up two things for their baskets; have one thing to order on Amazon; I know two other things I'll be adding but some of their favorite candy. I don't have their Easter Outfits as of this writing, but plan to go on the weekend and pick out their stuff.
13. Finalize my song to sing at church and practice it.I still haven't decided.
14. Go through all of our summer clothes and make a list of what is needed I did this for the boys - they need almost everything HA!
15. Deep clean the master bedroom - I did a big clean out last September but it tends to get piles quite often and I need to clean all of that stuff out. This is on my spring break list.
16. The basement. That's all HA!
17. Finish one project with Josh for School (he has three) and finish up Nate's big Michigan History Project and his reading journals This is on my spring break list (and every other list too!)
18. Plan my fall co-op class. I have the information, I just need to lay out a basic lesson plan.Now that our semester has finally ended, I feel like I can focus on this again.
19. Plan for summer planting. I want to plant sunflowers and maybe some other flowers. I'd also like to plant a few (very few) veggie plants. I have a few ideas but now we wait until May to do anything.
I don't feel like I accomplished a lot in March on my list yet we were super busy. School seems to take a front seat during March as I push to be current before we stop for spring break. That's why I always set specific goals for spring break, which I posted yesterday. I need to use my time without school to get stuff done! After spring break, I'll push hard on school during all of April so we can hit May with all of the projects done and most of their school work done. Once May hits, it is hard to stay focused!