August has been a good month for goals :-) I accomplished much of what I wanted to get done.
1) The garage is organized, cleaned and everything has a home. I cleaned out enough junk to empty one shelf so that Darryl could use it for things that were piled on the workbench. We got rid of stuff we've had for 14 years and made sure that all of the kids bikes were easily within reach.
2) The basement is basically done. I'm at a little bit of stand still as I wait to sell some stuff so I can purchase one more shelving unit and some flooring pieces for the play room but otherwise it's done.
3) Selling of the junk HA! I've sold a lot of school books/books over the past few weeks which has helped clean some stuff out. I've given myself until the end of September to get everything else sold or it goes to Good Will. We had some really hot weather the last week or two so hanging out in the clean garage taking photos of stuff to post was not high on my list. I'm hoping to hit it hard next week and the first week in September.
4) The boys school area is completely set up - they love their desks and are looking forward to school
5) I'm continuing to work on deep cleaning and cleaning out every nook and cranny :-) I call it my "shelf" project. I try to clean off/organize two "shelves" a day. Sometimes a shelf really is just that - a shelf on a book case or work area but sometimes a shelf is a bin that I threw stuff in because I didn't have a home for it yet. I'm also slowly working on putting extra trash out each week - all of the odds and ends that get shoved into corners through the years. I finally get rid of the baby gate that was collecting dust in the basement - I wasn't attached to it . . .I actually even kinda hated it because it was such a pain . . .but I just never took time to carry it upstairs to the trash :-)
When it comes to goal planning, every person is different. I have learned over and over again that if I am not specific in my goal/list planning, things don't get done. I'm thankful for my planner where I can make my daily goal lists and I focus off of my monthly goals to make sure I get stuff done. I am still focusing this year on that goal of "Simplify" and I feel like I've made a lot of progress in this area but am pushing forward to be where I want to be by the end of the year.