* In our house, we often say things like this, "I love you more than the number of stars in the sky" or "I love you more than the number of hairballs the cat has puked up" (hahaha). Well, for the first time, one of the boys finally said it back - Nate said to me, "Mom, I love you more than I love Mac and Cheese. Well, I love you just as much as Mac and Cheese because I love Mac and Cheese a lot!" Wow, that kid loves me a lot!!
* I took the boys out to breakfast on Saturday morning before going to the store (mainly because our fridge was empty so we needed to eat HA!). Josh got his Sausage McMuffin while Nate got pancakes. Josh noticed the butter packet and decided to try it out. He took some and spread it on top of the sausage patty, put the muffin back on, took a bite and said, "MMMM, everything is better with butter!" LOL
* Nate informed me at McDonald's that their pancakes are so much better than mine. Well, Nate, I would actually agree with you on that one :-) Why do you think I usually make frozen waffles?
* Nate is my truth teller - he just speaks what is and hasn't learned a lot of tact yet so he said to me, "Mom, I love you more than anything except when you get mad at us, then I really don't love you that much". Good thing I don't get mad very often!
* Josh is usually the one to compliment my cooking so this should be a surprise - he told me that the speghett I make him is the best ever. As nice as that is, all I do is cook spaghetti noodles, open a jar of ragu and poor it on . .. I don't even usually heat it up for him (the sauce that is), since the noodles are so hot . . they warm up the sauce. Wow, at least he doesn't have high expectations!