Here's a recipe for you to try :-) These would actually be great to take to a brunch because, as I stated, they are better cold/at room temperature.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 12 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 3/4 cup half and half
For the glaze
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender (or your hands) until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Toss in strawberries and coat lightly with the flour mixture. Add half and half and fold together gently until the mixture just begins to come together and form a soft dough. (Do not knead or over mix the dough.)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and pat into a 1-inch thick rectangle. With a sharp knife, cut the rectangle into 6 squares, then cut the squares on the diagonal to form 12 triangles. Place scones on prepared baking sheet and bake 16-18 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a work surface, then place a cooling rack over top of parchment. Remove scones from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, vanilla, and half and half until smooth. (If glaze is too thick, add a bit more cream. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.)
- Generously drizzle scones with the glaze. (Glaze will firm up when scones are completely cool.) Eat and enjoy!