Two years ago when I attended the Life on Purpose meeting, one of the documents I worked on was called "Dividing My Time". I picked 6 areas that I wanted to focus on throughout the year and most of my goals were tied to that as well as my theme word. This year, I'm using my 101 in 1001 goals to drive my goals each month. When I wrote them, I divided them into categories so it works our pretty well.
In years past, when I write out my monthly goals, I usually also have an extra category called "Misc" HA! This allows me to throw in those little things that fit no where but need to get done.
So, what is on my radar for January? Check it out below.
Darryl and the Kids
3. Do 2-3 fun activities with the boys separate from homeschool.
4. Do a movie night with the kids- My kids are not as into movies as I would like them to be HA! We did go away for Nate's birthday though so that counts :-)
5. Work on Potty Training - Does pulling my hair out count? HA We are still trying!
7. Start Chore Chart concept
8. Read the Husband Project
2. Work on my kitchen/bathroom - one thing a day in order to keep those rooms constantly clean
3. Begin planning the new landscaping - my goal this month is pick out the new bushes/flowers I want to plant in the landscaping areas.
4. Hang up a coat rack in the stairwell
6. Go through pinterest boards for the home and choose one item from each board to do - a decor idea, a cleaning idea, an organizing idea; it doesn't matter - just need to do something new!
1. Begin the 10,000 step program - the goal this month is to reach 10,000 steps a total of 5 times all month.
2. Load the MP3 player with music
4. Read one book based on my theme study
5. Wake up at 6:00 for two weeks to see if this is something I can actually do (I am not a morning person)
6. Pick out 2 piano songs to practice and have ready to play. I picked out two songs and did get a little practice in but not enough to say they are ready to play
2. Schedule a camping trip
5. See "Les Miserable" :-)
1. Make a list of 100 facts about me.
2. Compile a list of projects I want to make and complete at least one this month (Looking back through Too Cute posts and Craft ideas on Pinterest)
3. Begin "How to Photograph your Baby" and spend one week on each chapter.
4. Organize extra scrapbook projects in order of how to complete and make a goal list for getting those done.
1. Completely organize the basement
2. Organize all of our tax documents from the past 10 years
3. Organize all manuals into a three ring binder for easy access and keep in the classroom closet
Holidays and Theme Word
1. Get a January wreath for the door - either make it or buy it
2. Make Sugar Snow (if we have snow) and hot chocolate with the boys
WOW! That's a lot, I know. Hopefully I can get at least half of the above things done - that would be great!!