adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
I have been searching for a Sloppy Joe Recipe for a long time. My mom always just "threw" hers together and no matter how many times I try to make them like she does, they do not turn out. When I saw this recipe it really appealed to me because I love Worcestershire Sauce :-) Now, I knew when I taste tested this recipe earlier in the day I knew exactly what my husband would say - that it was too sweet and guess what? That was his one complaint! This is a very sweet recipe but the nice part is that you can use mustard on it without it being over powering. Granted, next time I am going to cut the brown sugar in half and see how it goes. Also, if I was serving this at a party, would add an additional 1-2 pounds of beef without increasing the sauce - this is a very saucy recipe :-)
|Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes|
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 hamburger buns
- 16 slices of cheese, optional (we like american or provolone)
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion together until beef is cooked. Drain off fat.
- Place beef in the slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve on buns with a slice of cheese on each bun.
And here is how my family looked while they were eating !!
Can you tell he liked it? Just look at the sauce all over his mouth!!!