|(Sorry - this is a stock photo . . .it is so good I never get a picture before we've eaten it all!)|
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking
Here's my one little "Cheater" - I don't use skinless Chicken Thighs . . .I use the bone-in, skin-on Chicken Thighs and yes, the skin gets so incredibly good . . Chicken thighs have become my favorite piece of the chicken too. They are so tender and juicy! It's the perfect size :-)
I'm also linking up over at Kelly's Korner with Show us your life Fridays!