So, I had this whole post updated and ready to go before the end of February and then . .. it totally disappeared! I'm still not sure what happened but it made me kind of mad at blogger so I had to wait a week to redo it HA! Here's my recap of February goals. I felt like February was here . .. and then it was gone . . and never quite got on top of my goals. Even though I accomplished some things I really didn't tackle others. I'd like to say March will be better but, lets be real, my March goals are just getting posted this week too ;-)
1)Again, one of my yearly goes is to take fun photos with my kids before they get too big so my goal this month is to find a fun photo op! We've had a pretty brown winter so it's been difficult to even do some awesome "snowstorm" photos! We didn't go far in February but we did get snow. While we didn't do any "location" photos - I at least got photos in the snow!
2) Scrapbooking - This will look similar to last month. 1) Clean off my desk and organize it for scrapbooking 2) Organize January and February photos in snapfish for all years not done 3) Go to a scrapbooking crop on February 29th! My desk was cleaned off about 6 times in February HA! As I cleaned up some other "hot spots" around the house it would get piled upon again but I can honestly say that as I type this, it is cleaned off and organized. I also created a spreadsheet of photos uploaded to snapfish so I could see what still needed to be done. All of the January and February photos are uploaded. I also went to the crop on February 29th.
3) Reading - My goal is to once again read 4 books! 1) The Printed Letter Bookshop 2) The Bright Season 3) The Boy in the Photo 4) The Power of a Positive Mom. I'm still working on finding a book to support my goal word -Perfect Peace I'm not getting a lot of reading done lately! I did start "The Bright Season" but haven't gotten very far yet.
4) Cleaning - Work through my February cleaning list. My main focus was the dining room. I organized my scrapbooking bookshelf and cleaned the dining room. I had hoped to clean the laundry room but, honestly, it was too cold HA! Now that the weather is warming up I'll be more inclined to get some work down in the basement.
5) Family - Valentine's day! Make Valentine's Day fun for the whole family with our yearly traditions. Darryl's birthday is also this month so I need to plan that as well. We had a great Valentine's Day and fun for Darryl's birthday so this one was a total success.
6) Get Josh new dress pants. I also need to find him new snowpants . .. unless we never get snow! I bought Josh new dress pants; I returned said dress pants HA! So back to square one - he needs to try them on! BUT, snow pants WERE a success!! (Which was a good thing because we got more snow!
7) Pick out a piano song to practice and practice it. I did pick out a song but I only played through it once - finding time to practice is always the hard part :-)
8) Pick out a song to sing at a special service at the end of February and also my next special music. Maybe something for Easter as well. Well, I totally did not sing at the praise service but am scheduled to sing at the end of March so I need to practice that song. I don't have to worry about Easter though - Nate and I will be home as he recovers from surgery!
9) Finances - Stick to the February plan. February was a tight month but . . we made it (Yeah!)
Now, here is my super specific "Frozen Fifteen" list:
1) Find Josh a pair of dress pants that fit. done (kinda)
2) Clean my desk and make it "scrapbook" worthy. done
3) Attend a scrapbooking crop on February 29th. done
4.) Read four books not done
5) Plan and execute Valentine's Day for the family done
6) Plan and execute Darryl's birthday weekend plans done
7) Pick out a song to sing at a praise service on February 29th and practice it not done
8) Pick out a piano song and practice it until it's perfected. not done
9) Return/Exchange the last of the Christmas gifts done
10) Upload and organize January photos to snapfish from all years done
1) Upload and organize February photos to snapfish from all years done
12) Replace the light bulb above the kitchen sink. not done
13) Update my Holiday Journal through St. Patrick's Day (and read through St. Patrick's Day reminders to plan ahead) done
14) Complete my "20 days of cleaning" checklist for February not done
15) Finish Nate's birthday calendar chart he got for Christmas. not done