Christmas included lots of info from reminders of things for the kids Christmas program to when to the boys annual PJ's. I think it is so much easier to write things down while it is happening as reminders for next year. Here's a small sample from my Holiday Planner for Christmas. As you can see, it's just a simple list of ideas - nothing fancy. I really call it my "brain"
Christmas Program at Church
· Saturday practice begin the first Saturday in November.
· Program is normally the first Sunday after Thanksgiving
· If the boys need “Toga’s” (sheets) they can’t use what they used in the past (twin sheets); either purchase fabric or get Double Bed Sheets
· Need to take a snack for after the Program
· Take some very specific photos for our cards – go somewhere if I don’t have professional photos done by Barb. (Meaning, go to somewhere pretty and take great photos of the boys and one of all of us together
· Pick out and order our photo cards in November (or have them ready and order them on sale – also remember that I can design a college card like I did in 2018 for a lot less money
· Write our letter
· Address and mail them all by the first week of December
o Find out all address updates EARLY!
I also made simple notes for New Years Eve/New Years Day. Nothing fancy but just reminders of what we did and ate and a few ideas for future years. (Granted by the time New Years comes around, I'm usually tired of planning HA!)
Next on my list is planning for Valentine's Day. I try to keep it simple but some of the items on the list will include:
1) Letting the boys pick out what Valentine's they want to make and get the supplies EARLY.
2) Making our Valentine's box for our Co-op party
3) Planning our meal (We usually have Spaghetti!)
4) What small gifts to pick up for the boys - the key is small. :-)
You get the idea, I'm sure.