It's March! And I'm already a week late on even writing my March goals HA! But, better late then never, right? February kind of got away from me - I felt like I was chasing my tail all month long and even "almost" missed a few things because I wasn't keeping up with my daily lists! But, I didn't miss anything and I actually accomplished some things. I'd like March to run a little more smoothly so I'm hopeful that better planning will be the trick to success!!
When I write my monthly goals, I always go back to my original year goals that I wrote in January to write my monthly goals. It takes me back to my original focus. I also think about misc. things that need to get done and add those items too. I try to keep my list short enough to be "do-able" but long enough to give me a focus of things to get done.
So, after all of that, here are my March goals
1) Spring is arriving so this month I want to make sure we take time to visit one of the amazing places in Grand Rapids to take a photo. Darryl is my key to making this happen because he knows where everything is! I know we will be downtown two different times this month so we just have to make it happen.
2) Scrapbooking - This months goals are as follows: 1) Upload all March photos through 2020 2) Find time to scrapbook - I'm not putting a time on this or even how far I want to get through photos; just that I want to find time to scrapbook this month. There are no crops scheduled this month so I'm on my own 3) I would like to order photos/photo pages for the previous month. So, basically order all February photos that I don't currently have on hand.
3) Reading - I have my same goal as the last couple of months. I'm in the middle (ok the beginning) of two books so I want to finish both of those.
4) Cleaning - I am trying to keep to my "20 days of cleaning" schedule but I don't always have 20 specific days to set aside during the school year so I'll set up my schedule based on the days I know I have the time to put into it (I usually set my 3:00-4:00 hour for cleaning)
5) Family time - Some things on my radar this month 1) Going out to breakfast at a favorite place downtown GR 2) Going to a Hockey game 3) Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 4) Celebrate Darryl's birthday with just him and I (I have the plans - just need to find the day!) 5) We have a few field trips as well as a trip to the symphony planned 6) We also have a little get away planned with my mom. I guess that means we have a lot planned!
6) It is time to start thinking about the graduation album I have to make. My goal for March is to gather and print all of the photos I want for the book.
7) This is what I cause my "Darryl list" - The list includes 1) Replace the light over the sink 2) Run Ethernet cords for the Xbox's 3) Hook up our new antenna and see if we want to cancel cable to save money 4) Help Josh set up two of his gifts - his telescope and VR headset (He's better at figuring out all that kind of techy stuff) 5) Hang up shelves for Nate's broken wood boards from TKD
8) Homeschool - My goal for March is to end the month on or ahead of schedule. I'd like the boys to master their 4's-6's in multiplication facts as well. They also need to be current in AWANA as we end the month as well.
9) Here's my misc. list: 1) Clean up and put away a bin in the bathroom that just needs, well, put away 2) Get new dress pants for Josh (again HA!) 3) Clean out the boys clothes - both winter and summer and see what they need for summer 4) See what both Darryl and I need for summer as well (as far as clothes) 5) Sort my music - I need to organize it all, clean out what I've held on to for years and never looked at and make it all easier to use 5) Nate got a wall hanging birthday calendar that I need to finish up for him (the writing of the names and dates!)
10) Set up at least one camping date this summer
11) The basement - the goal this month is just to clean up and organize the laundry room area
12) The garage - get the garage door fixed - that's the main goal.
13) Finances - Work on putting my small savings goals into action. Plan out our weekly "money" plan and stick to it.
14) Music - Learn my song for church this month; practice one piano song this month
15) Take my dog for his yearly vet visit! It's hard to believe that we adopted him a year ago this month!
So, there are my goals for this month. We have a super busy month with lots of fun things planned! It should be an amazing month!