Monday, June 3, 2019
1. Finish School. And I mean everything. Since my actual goal is May 15th I think getting it done by May 31st should be ok. We did not finish by May 15th but we did finish by May 31st (Ok, we have one 20 minute lesson to finish today but we are counting it done!)
2. Clean the playroom. Sell the chair and ottoman that are in the playroom. Trash the broken recliner that is in the playroom. Move our current couch into the playroom to make room for a new couch we are getting from my mom that won't fit in her new home. (this has to be done by May 9th!) The recliner went to the trash; the chair and ottoman are listed for selling and have been for a few weeks so we will see if they sell; the couch is moved so this was done!
3. Clean the laundry room area. We are being gifted a washer and dryer but, since I haven't had either in over a year, the laundry room has become a storage room. I have to clean stuff up and out to make room for the delivery people to actually, well, deliver. (this has to be done by May 9th also!) This is in progress! We removed an old loveseat that had seen better days. We are still working on organizing some things but it will be done within the next week or so :-)
4. Wash all of the upstairs rugs - I usually do this a few times a year and has summer approaches, it is time to get the winter dirt and salt out of the rugs. I figure I should do this while I'm still making trips to the laundromat! This is done!
5. Finish the decor in the dining room - just have to have Darryl hang the last few things since he needs to add anchors to a few things (and, well, hang things straight!) This is done!
6. I have four simple scrapbook goals for this month - a) count how many page protectors I need to finish up some books that don't have them b) Sort the last batch of photos I order last month c) put the digital pages in the protectors I bought last month and add them to the album. d) Order April 2019 photos as well as the next month I'm on in 2014 (I think it's 2014 - I'll double check before I order! ) I'm trying to stay current on my photo order and also work on catching up on some other years - it makes scrapbooking easier when I actually have the photos! I did nothing scrapbook related :-(
7. Plan our summer - I did this last year and it really helped me focus on some specific things and make sure we didn't miss anything we really wanted to do ! This is done!
8. Finally set up my dental cleaning - I was going to do this earlier but decided to wait until my mom was here so I have somewhere to drop the kids while I go to the dentist :-) Still need to make that phone call.
9. Get Josh into the orthodontist. We've had a couple of delays due to needing a baby tooth pulled; state testing coming up (I wanted him to focus on that and not on his teeth) to name a few things but he should be in braces by the end of the month. Both boys actually started the process in May.
10. Plant some flowers. Darryl and I were just talking about this - how we'd like to have some nice flowers/plants but neither one of us enjoy yard work HA! I do have the goal of planting some sunflowers this year - they are easy and we all enjoy them - and maybe some wild flowers too. Also, I have a deck planter I want to get some plants in as well. I also saw a friend did some veggies in some pots . .. I might do that with some zucchini (yes she does hers in a pot) and some beans maybe? Just some things I like to eat fresh. There are flower seeds planted in my deck planter but that's as far as I've gotten.
I also had to do a bunch of moving around in the garage because we were going to get our garage door fixed but, that didn't happen before my mom moved so now we have her garage stuff too! Once her garage is built, we will get ours fixed and be able to really clean it out.