adapted from Zagleft
The Recipe Crayon Box for "the perfect chicken" that was, quite honestly, very good. When I made it I thought that it would be perfect for chicken salad or any other recipe that called for precooked chicken. Then I tried THIS recipe and now have a new "perfect chicken". This recipe actually makes me want to eat chicken. every night. It was perfectly tasty and, being grilled? Well that makes it even better! As a side note - I did NOT use Sriracha Sauce. I didn't want to buy a bottle of something I may never use and, since the kids eat the chicken, I try to avoid anything "hot" - plus that is not a favorite flavor of my husbands either.
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- PREPARE THE MARINADE
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill and grill the chicken for 7-8 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Remove from the grill and serve.