Again, I'm picking one main item to focus on in February, just like I did in January (even though I didn't do that great!)
My February focus is
Strengthen our Homeschool
Part of the reason I picked this for February is that it won't take as much time and, considering I'm just getting started, I only have a half of a month to focus on it! I also feel that if we can stay in our established routines this month now that we have missed 2 weeks of school (yes we did!! The weather has not been our friend - but it has brought extra friends to our house making school hard to do!!) that we will end the month on schedule, if not ahead of schedule.
1. Make sure we are doing Math Minute daily,
2. Accomplishing our IXL goals weekly (IXL is a math/reading practice program the boys are required to do).
3. Focus on cursive writing - the goal is to be writing in cursive by the end of May.
4. Go to the shelter and read at least once this month to the Shelter animals
5. Look at some other options for homeschooling next year - do we need to change from Connections Academy? It's the time of year to re-evaluate what we are doing.
6. Get the boys reading daily - I have the books and they need to read daily!
7. Josh needs to finish 1 Social Studies project and Nate has 4 reading journals he has to complete - I want to be on schedule with these extra projects.
Even though that's my main focus, I also have some other goals to work on as well.
1. Add exercise to our daily schedule - we started this and then the horrible winter weather hit and "locked us in" thanks to bitter cold, lots of snow and then ice, upon ice, upon ice.
2. The basement is always on my list. I just have to do 15 minutes a day - that's my plan. I know from past experience that 15 minutes a day = lots of work done.
3. Have a movie night at home.
4. Find one activity to do this month as a family - my father-in-law gave us money to take the boys out to do something as a Christmas gift so we are tossing around a few ideas for that. There is also a place called "Cat Cafe" that I think the boys would enjoy that is on my radar.
5. Update my Holiday Journal - Superbowl and Valentines Day
6. Scrapbooking - my goal is to order pictures to finish up 2014; and then order January 2019 photos. I also want to scrapbook both December 2014 and January 2019.
7. Find my song to sing at church at the end of April.
8. Read - I'll have a book club book, a Baker Book House book club list and just general reading.
9. Plan Darryl's birthday (it's coming up quickly!)
10. Work on the idea of what class I want to teach at the co-op in the fall.
11. Totally 100% clean the playroom (I have a motto of "organize one thing" to accomplish each month). I'd like to empty the playroom, clean the carpet, clean everything else, and then reorganize and put things back neatly.
12. Purchase 2 items for our grinch calendar in December - I'm trying to get ahead.
13. Shipt - try to into shipt shopping to earn extra income. It's hard to get into it started.
14. Schedule my dental cleaning
15. Make a list of summer clothing items the boys need so we can get ahead of the game.
16. Practice piano - pick one or two songs to work on until I can play them well.
17. Plan ahead for St. Patrick's Day - find the annual shirts and plan activities
18. Set up my 2019 Scrapbooking file folders
19. Incorporate Flylady routines.
Yes, once again I have 19 goals :-) I like aiming for that HA!