I spent all day Monday and then about an hour on Tuesday working on the entire basement. I turned the boys room into my sorting room and set up bins for trash, Good Will, and keep. Then I slowly brought up bin after bin and sorted through every single one. By the time I was done I took two FULL truck loads of stuff to Good Will and had managed to clear out over half of the bins. What is left is what I really want to keep either for the sake of a memory or because I will use it again. I also cleaned out all of my holiday stuff - Fall/Halloween, Spring and Christmas Stuff. I cleaned out a lot. So much of what I had was upwards of 20 years old (Yikes!- It was stuff I got my first Christmas in my first apartment . . .wow!) and was showing wear. I look forward to maybe picking up a few new items this year for Christmas and have a cleaner look over the holidays instead of just a bunch of stuff out and about. One thing I did to make sure that the basement doesn't implode again is to make sure that there was space to put new things that need to be stored. There are several half full bins that can be added two plus I have lots of empty bins that I can pull out to use if needed.
So, now I think it is time for some after photos :-)
It will give the boys some place soft to play but they are easy to clean and remove as needed.
I also have a few ideas pinned on my Laundry Room and Playroom boards on pinterest that I want to incorporate over the coming months BUT before I conquer those, my next task is our music/office room that we need to put together. I'm selling some things on e-bay (hopefully they sell) get some money for a trip to Ikea to buy the few things I need for that room !
I'm very happy with the completed project . .. now, to just get rid of the spiders.