This is part 2 to happenings in this house that I posted on Saturday- with Easter there were just too many pictures to post in one day!
So . . here we go :-)
Now for Easter Sunday :-)
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Well, you can do a little review of my Simplify posts if you so please but I thought I would give you a few updates since we are now halfway through the month of April !!
1. The Bathroom - there really isn't progress on this one but I had to share - one of my big plans a week or so ago when the kids were gone was to finish up all of the touch up painting when there were no little fingers to touch wet paint. Well, I searched and searched for the paint I had picked up about 2 months ago to no avail. I finally gave up and moved on to other projects. Than on Friday I was working for 10-15 minutes spurts in the basement (Every time I rebooted the laundry I would squeeze in 10 minutes of picking stuff up) I found the paint sitting in plain site on my drafting table. So the moral of the story - I guess I wasn't meant to do touch up painting yet! I think one of these evenings after everyone else is in bed, I'll just work on that - the paint will dry over night and all will be good :-)
2. The kitchen is still a slow moving project. I got nothing done this past week due to lots of other things going on but I hope to get the bottom cabinets completely done this week.
3. Closets - I did do deep cleaning in both of the boys room including cleaning out their dressers and closets and rearranging their rooms. Our bedroom is in process. I moved clothes around but am still in the midst of organizing everything.
4. Vacation Planning - we have actually cancelled our vacation that was planned at the end of May due to the new job but there are still some things I'd like to do on this such as putting together a vacation idea binder and making my master packing list.
5. Tot Time - so . .. this is what I REALLY wanted to show you! It all started with needing to deep clean the dining room.
Now, this is my solution to my Mommy Time supplies, the kids arts/crafts stuff, my current projects and our scrapbooking albums. I love it. I'm finally able to grab what I need for my current craft or scrapbooking project without running to the basement. Plus, this stuff is no longer living on the dining room table - instead it has a place. I'm already finding that I take time to work on these projects now that I just grab a basket. I'm so thrilled with this idea!!
I am so excited that this project is well into the works. I don't plan on filling the bins all at once but will now have a place for the things