Yes, a growth chart :-) It was something that I had been wanting to make for my boys so guess what, I did! Now, here's the deal. I made this LAST summer. Yes, as in August of 2011. We hung it up sometime in like January of 2012, and I finally did the last pieces in, yes, September of 2012. Here is my version:
Now, way back when I started this project, I did take photos but I can't find them now. The process was simple. We happened to have this board left over from a roofing project a few years ago. I sanded it down and then painted it with left over paint from the bathroom. Then, I used a sewing measuring tape and modge podged it onto the front, using a staple gun to secure it tightly around the back of the chart. Then I cut out the boys names and modge podged those on as well. This is were my perfectionism got in the way - I wanted to make these cute little signs that showed the date, their age, and their height. Well, after about 9 months of not getting it down, I just wrote the info on the chart with a sharpie. So much easier and so much more real life!!! For the record, the boys have even tried to measure themselves so there are extra lines drawn by them - it adds character and I love it!