Here's a little recap of my goals this past month.
1. The basement. I started out strong with the basement, working about 20 minutes a day for a good week and a half. It doesn't sound like a lot but that 20 minutes allowed me to get some things done. I was on track to really knock it out this month until the record cold hit. We've had below zero air temps which means our basement runs at about 40 degrees - my figures go numb doing the laundry HA!
Ultimately, the laundry room is completely done and clean and the playroom is in process. I'm happy with the progress!
2. The Bedrooms - I was able to get the master bedroom deep cleaned and organized!
All of the corners are dusted, the fan is clean and I cleaned out under the bed which is always a challenge.
What did I not do? I did not get to the boys room. I had plans to on a Friday they were gone but we dealt with a frozen pipe that cut off water to the entire house that day instead. Plus, we will be getting them bunk beds in another few weeks so I kinda feel like I need to wait until we get those and then I can organize their stuff again.
3. School - I have my 2015-2016 curriculum list done, divided out by month of what I want to order, and have even picked up the first item we need through a Homeschool Facebook page for 1/2 the cost of new. I also organized all of the paper and set up the filing drawer to house their special papers.
4. The boys birthday pictures are done and here is a sneak peak:
Once I've picked out all of my favorites I promise to share! I can't wait to print my 16x20 black and whites of each boys and get the new photos on the wall.
5. Darryl's Birthday - We had a great weekend. I'll share photos soon!
6. "Just One Thing". This was something new this month and I really liked the idea. I was able to accomplish some odd jobs that just seldom get done.
Some other things on that list that got marked off:
1) Scrub the shower - every few months I have to work on getting rust off the shower even with a great water softener. It really isn't work . . .I just have to clean with Iron Out cleaner and it does all of the work :-)
2) There was a scrap piece of granite that was sitting in my closet - that is now gone.
3.) All of my scrapbook stuff is organized in the bedroom.
4.) Nate's school work is all sorted for the rest of the school year.
5) I made the master Monthly menu!
Did I accomplish all of my "Just one Thing"? Nope but I did do alot of it!
7. Those Misc Goals. I have 4 misc goals that I'm keeping to myself :-) I will tell you that in February, I was 50/50 on those goals. I'm hoping for at least 75% next month :-)