Friday, October 12, 2012

Food Friday - Ribs in the Crock Pot

This week over at "Show us your Life" at Kellys Korner it is "Crockpotalooza 2" so before I share this weeks recipe, here are a few links to some other favorites that I've posted in the past.

Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage - this is a true family favorite and it really is so easy to put together!
Super Easy Chicken Tacos - a simple meal to throw together
Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin - a great company meal!

Ribs in the Crock Pot
adapted from  Team Hess
I will admit that is not the prettiest food photo I've ever seen but the ribs were really good!  I've searched for ten years for a decent rib recipe and I finally have one!  The recipe states to stand your ribs up but, I have a long oval crock-pot and my ribs were too tall to do that - it might be worth it to "invest" in a round crock pot.  I'm sure I'd use it for other things. Because my ribs laid down partially in the juices some of them were more "steamed" then having the great sauce cooked onto them.  Otherwise, the ribs had great flavor and they fell off the bone.  The boys loved them too and that is always a good sign.

Ingredients
3 pounds pork or beef ribs of your choice
1 1/4 water (Or you could use beef broth too)
1 taplespoon Worcestershire Sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce)

Directions:
Place ribs standing upright in the crock pot.  Pour in the water.  Sprinkle with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs. Cook on low approximately  8 hours.  Serve with extra BBQ sauce.


No comments: