Friday, June 22, 2012

Food Friday - Super Easy Chicken Tacos

Chicken Tacos
adapted from Confessions of a HomeSchooler

We really love tacos in this house but, honestly, were getting tired of the regular beef tacos so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.  Throw in that it is a crock pot recipe and is EASY, well I jumped on board.  I followed the recipe almost to a tee - I only used 3 large chicken breasts and it gave us two full means AND THEN some.  My kids love this meal and so do we!!!

Ingredients:
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
  • Crockpot/Slow Cooker
  • Tortillas & toppings of your choice  - we used cheese, lettuce, sour cream, chopped onion and, the second time I also made some lime-cilantro rice and that REALLY made these perfect. 
Directions:
Place thawed chicken into your slow cooker, and cover with 1 whole jar of salsa. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 7-8. About 6 hours in, use a fork to shred chicken and stir it around to coat in the salsa. Keep on warm until you are ready to serve!


No comments: