Thursday, October 11, 2012
10 Reasons I Love Fall
10. The weather - it is cool and crisp. I love both the sunny days where the sky is crystal clear blue and the gray, drizzly days that only happen in fall. The dark grey clouds that hit of snow storms to come are just amazing.
9. Sweatshirts and Jeans. I love being able to where sweatshirts, jeans, comfy slipper socks, and a sweat jacket without worry about getting hot.
8. Comfort Food - We have been enjoying comfort food - things I have not made since . .March (because it was in the 80's here since March!) Chicken and Dumplings, Lasagna, Meatloaf, and other soups are the things that we are loving now. They heat up the kitchen and make the house smell great!
7. Hot Chocolate and Mocha's! - Finally, instead of drinking my fake coffee (I.e. Pepsi in a coffee cup on ice) I can make Hot Chocolate and Tassimo Mocha's along with a few Caramel Mocha's from McDonalds, and yes, the wonderful Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks.
6. Pumpkins and Apples - I am a huge fan of things made with apples and pumpkin. We've already enjoyed some apple crisp and I have more apple desserts on the menu soon. Not to mention our pumpkin recipes that will be coming soon!
5. The Colors - there is nothing like Michigan colors and this year is incredible. The weather has been the perfect mix making for intense colors.
4. The Smell - I love the smell of burning leaves that happens in the fall. As people rake, play, and burn leaves it just fills the air with the smell of . .. .fall. Plus everything smells so crisp. There is no humidity making things stink - it is just fresh, clean air.
3. Football!!! - Yes, we love Football. The more the better.
2. Orchards - I love going to orchards and pumpkin patches. The activities, hayrides, corn mazes, fresh apple cider and orchard donuts are fantastic.
1. Looking forward - To what, you ask? Well birthdays (my kids), Thanksgiving, Christmas, snow, at least one good blizzard, snowmen and more. Fall is just the beginning of my favorite time of year!