Thursday, October 29, 2020

October Goal Recap

Quite Honestly, I'm not even sure I should do this post.  As I've said in other posts, school is all consuming right now.  Or maybe I'm making it the top priority this year since we have nothing else going - no field trips or co-op -- just school.  Right now, we are on track to finish most subjects before Christmas giving us a nice long break!  But, I will still share this because it helps me track what I do and don't get done!  

 

1. Scrapbooking - This is my most fun goal yet it is the one that I usually accomplish the least on each month.  Here's my goals: 1) Finish my nieces book.   I just got a new printer so I can finish printing letters and get the book to her.  2) Order April Photos - 2011, 2017, 2018, 2020.  3) File the photos I ordered last month by date so they are ready to scrapbook 4) I'm working on shifting some albums a little based on album color to make them work better.  So, my goal this month is to start with 2001 (the year we got married) and put albums into the correct colors (this is hard to explain).  I also want to make sure that page protectors are on everything and, depending on the year, add the memorabilia to those albums.  Plus, order imprinted spines for at least 5 albums.  This goal is one of those where I'm just going to go one or two yers at a time as I organize so lets see how far I get this month. 1) the graduation book is not done.  I'm still waiting on some letters.  If I don't get them soon, I'm going to finish it as is and send it just to finish it by year end!  2) I haven't ordered April photos but I have uploaded them and sorted them.  I decided to wait to order because I have to sets to still sort and store.  I'm going to wait to order until I catch up on that first. 3) I have not filed the photos I ordered yet!  4) I have not started with the album shift/spine orders.  

2. Reading - I truly love to read.  I love curling up with a good book and a foo foo coffee (I need to put a kurieg on my Christmas list so I can enjoy my foo foo coffee again!) and reading the afternoon away!  Anyway, I used to be much better and setting my reading list goal for the year and for the month and actually accomplishing it!  Well, that's the 1st part of the goal 1) Set my reading goal for 2021 - How many books I want to read, what non-fiction books to read, etc. which means doing some research on some topics I want to study/learn more about.  2) Read - read every day.  This really isn't a hard goal because I usually kick back after my extra kids leave and read for 30 minutes or so until it's time to make dinner  3)Read 1 non-fiction book this month!!1) I sitll need to set my reading goal for 2021 2) I did Read!!  3) But I did not read a non-fiction book!!

3) Cleaning - Last month I created a great calendar to follow to accomplish my goals and it did work - it at least helped me focus.  It broke down the living room and basement into 20 minute (or so) tasks each day.  This month the room of choice is Josh and Nate's bedroom.  It is crowded since we took the bunk beds apart. It's time to be "mean" (ha - not really, I am so not that mom!) and go through all the bins, games, boxes, etc. and clear stuff out.  I'd love to be able to get even a shelf or two out of the room to open it up.  I actually have high hopes of cleaning off a plastic storage shelf and being able to move it back to the basement!  Oh brother.  This did not go well.  I cleaned out the boys closet but that is as far as I got!  I realized that I need a couple of good weekends to accomplish this instead of 20 minutes a day so I decided to push it to November.  I started on the master and got 1 day of cleaning in and never got back! Oh well!  I just haven't had the time during the day to focus on the deep cleaning projects. 

4) Family - This month is Josh's birthday so we will focus on that this month.  Darryl and I also have a weekend away planned.  I also need to go through the boys clothes with them and clean out anything they don't want or have outgrown.  (this kind of goes along with cleaning their room).  Once done with that, I will need to get them some pants/long sleeves.  This is all done! 

5) Homeschool - My only goal in October is to get into our schedule and to finish the month on schedule or ahead of schedule.  Nate has a month portfolio that is due by January - we've set a goal to finish it in October so it's done.  We are right on track and Nate's MATH portfolio is about half done.  

6) Holiday Journal/Planning - It's REALLY time to get this journal out and look at Thanksgiving plans.  I'm hosting this year so I want to start grocery shopping for some things early.  It's also time to start thinking about Christmas.  I actually just ordered a few stocking stuffers.  I need Christmas lists from both Josh and Nate.  I'd like to be at least started by the end of the month.  Finally, I just ordered Nate's Halloween Costume but Josh is undecided so I still need to get his.  Finally, I want to make a plan for taking the boys shopping for their people.  I feel like that is always a rushed pressure and I would instead like that to be done early this year. I've read through my Journal, I'm making the menu for Thanksgiving.  We are all working on Christmas lists.  Josh has his costume.  

7) The Basement - I'm continuing on with my calendar plan - 20 minutes a day or organizing.  I'm transferring everything into see through containers and also transferring everything into easier to carry containers instead of HUGE heavy containers!  I spent about 40 minutes in the basement - I made great progress but have a long ways to go 

8) Piano - This kind of goes with homeschooling - Josh and Nate will start having "seatwork" time which will include piano practice.  I also want to get the piano tuned this month.  I miss our weekly lessons which gave a reason to practice - we are struggling to get this back into the routine! 

9) Photography - Time to read my new book once section at a time and practice :-) Nope! 

10) Spiritual - Read my daily devotional Nope! 

11) Misc - 1) Clean up the yard and fill in the holes 2) Have Josh finish his artwork from last semester 3) Get new tires on Darryl's vehicle Done!  4) Take the AC units out of the windows (I'm glad I put this off - I was still running them at the end of September!) Done! 5) Pick out camping dates for next year so I'm ready to reserve them on time  6) Organize the bathroom cupboard - it just needs to be done and can't wait for the month I deep clean the bathroom!  Done! 7) I have an idea brewing for a vacation next summer but in order for it to happen I have to plan now and begin saving so my goal is to get it all planned so I can start saving for it :-)  8) Clean out the vehicles and set up my new organizing bins in each one (for lysol, wipes, extra bags, etc) 9) Make sure my October flag is hung up :-)  Done! 10) I cleaned the garage last month but there are 4 bins of "donations" that I put out there like 5 years ago HA!  While pulling them down to decide what to do with them, I found a basket and two bins I had been looking for for quite awhile so I've decided I need to go through those bins before I donate them!  

No comments: