Friday, July 31, 2020

Weekly Menu

Why, Hello August, how are you this fine day?  July was not the fastest month in the book but I don't mind that at all.  It's nice to let summer linger a little.  Normally, as August hits, we start to gear up for a lot of things but this year, I think it will match the rest of the months . . .slow and steady.  I'm still enjoying the quieter schedule at this point even though I know eventually things will resume to normal again.

I had some really great plans for meals last week . .. and then my refrigerator died.  Oops.  We moved things to three electric coolers but we lost some food from the freezer because we didn't realize that it had quit working until I went to pull something out of the freezer on Monday afternoon and discovered a lot of mushy, unfrozen, warm food HA!  Oh well.  So, this weeks meals will be super simple to keep the need for food in the coolers simple.  We still have our chest freezer in the basement so that does help :-)

Friday - Normally this is our treat night but we had treat night earlier in the week after a busy day of moving food into coolers :-)  So tonight we are going to have either the Hawaiian Sliders or Chicken and Snow Peas that were on the plan earlier this week.  At the typing of this - I'm not really sure which one I will feel like making!  .

Saturday - This is our normal "eat at mom's" day.  This might also continue forever.

Sunday -  When my brother was here, he grilled some amazing pork chops.  I've picked up the marinade that he used so we are going to grill up our own.  I've also picked up some Michigan sweet corn to have with them along with Mac and Cheese. Yum!

Monday -  French toast sticks, bacon and sausage.

Tuesday - Sloppy Joes and fries.  The sloppy joes were leftover a few weeks ago and I threw the leftovers (in a container) in the freezer in the basement thankfully!

Wednesday -  Pork Roast, Baked Potatoes, and fresh sweet corn (you have to eat it a lot while it is in season!)

Thursday - Chicken on the grill, baked beans, and a veggie

No comments: