Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June Goal Recap

As is usually the case with goals, I didn't accomplish nearly what I had planned but I did get some things marked off the list!  I know June isn't completly over but I decided I'd rather do this post IN June instead of a week into July! 

Since June is the 6th month I decided to focus on 6 main things I want to get done this month.

1. Deep clean the Bathroom and Kitchen Neither of these rooms interested me this month HA!  BUT, I did deep clean the master bedroom instead.  I also conquered the Living Room (since we use the living room almost more than anyroom, it is easy to deep clean!) 
2. Find ways to supplement our income - sign up for Shipt, look into online teaching and a few other work at home options that I've researched. I applied to Shipt but am still waiting on them to get back to me.  I will start this process over in July if needed. 
3. Two trips a day (Basement) - let me explain.  I have to head to the basement twice a day to empty the dehumidifier so each time I go to the dreaded abyss, my goal is to bring something up that needs to go out to the trash or to charity.  Since I'm walking up the stairs, it makes sense to carry something up!  Sometimes this will mean actually taking 15 minutes to empty a shelf or organize something and that's ok because that means my basement will be all clean by the end of the summer.  This plan can pushed off track because we ended up without a trash bin for over 3 weeks.  What a pain!  Once we got our bin back, I started carrying stuff upstairs and out the door! 
4. Scrapbook - Complete 10 - 2 page scrapbook spreads and go through 4 scrapbooks to make sure they are complete and updated.  (Making notes of anything that is needed) I really wanted to focus time on this in June but I feel like we were really busy and then went down to one car so my "free time" was taken up with other things.  I think my July goal needs to be to find 8 hours a month in any fashion and scrapbook!  
5. Read 8 books this month - they can be anything - fiction or non-fiction - I just need to read because I love reading :-)  I shared THIS POST the other day of the books I read this month. 
6. Schooling related items - Return the boys hardcover books that need to be sent back in a timely matter; complete 4 lessons for the class I'm teaching in the fall.The boys books are shipped back.  
Bonus item (because a bonus is always good!) - Clean and organize the garage.  The boys are going to help with this one since a lot of what is in the garage belongs to them!!  This is done thanks to Darryl!  I was gone one day for a meeting so he decided to conquer the garage chaos with the help of the boys.  It looks so much better! There are still a bunch of bins and shelves that I need to go through but at least it is all cleaned up (So I can wait until it is cooler to work in the garage :-) ) 

No comments: