Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekly Menu

Here comes our busy month!  I'm trying to keep meal planning super simple this month both to save money (since December always has extra things to spend money on) and to save my time - more time to do other stuff than to cook!

Saturday - Today we are getting our tree, decorating it and going to see the live nativity at another local church.  Plus the boys have Christmas program practice and a pizza party in the morning.  A busy day. We will be driving right by our favorite Mexican place so I think we'll be stopping in for some good Mexican food before heading home to decorate! 

Sunday - Another busy day with needing to be at church early for the boys to practice for special music with the Christmas Program kids, then grandparents coming over and the program at night.  Lunch - Sandwiches and Soup - Grilled cheese, lunch meat, or Peanut butter - everyone gets to choose.  Then, I'll have sloppy joes in the crock pot for everyone to eat before the program.

Monday - Tonight is my last Choir practice of the season.  I need to get their early to grab my favorite spot on the risers (top row, far corner so I'm not surrounded on all sides by . .. people! uuugg! ;-) )  Breakfast it is!  Pancakes, Eggs, Hashbrowns, and Sausage.  Easy, peasy and simple clean up for the boys in the house.

Tuesday - Can you say busy?  Tonight we are heading to see Santa.  The next town over from us has a Michigan Santa House where Mr. and Mrs. Claus are available for pictures and it is all free.  It's awesome.  Dinner needs to be quick and easy again so we can eat and go get in line :-)  (The line isn't usually long so it is ok!) Tacos :-)  I can prep everything earlier in the day so it's ready to eat as soon as Darryl gets home.

Wednesday - Auuuggg!  Tonight is AWANA.  Spaghetti.  Garlic Bread.  Salad.  That's all.

Thursday - Part of my planning includes talking the boys to complete their Christmas shopping earlier this year.  So, since tonight is free - one of the boys and I will be going shopping after dinner.  So, dinner.  Broccoli Cheese Soup, Ham Sammies, and fruit.

Friday - I know it is hard to believe but we have nothing tonight.  I will be doing some food prep for going to my Father in Laws on Saturday (we are having Christmas dinner with him) So, dinner.  Honestly, since I have to do food prep today . . .someone else will cook. Either Darryl will bring something home or we will grab something.  Pizza Hut is not our favorite but the boys have Book-It coupons for free pizza so maybe we will go there . ..who knows :-)

No comments: