Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What we are eating - Amish Chicken

Amish Chicken
adapted from Growing Up Gabel

  This was a simple but delicious chicken dinner.  We are not huge chicken fans in this house (we would always pick pork or beef over chicken) so when I find a chicken recipe that makes my husband say, "This is the best chicken I've ever tasted" AND I agree with him - it's a keeper!  I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I cut in half (has anyone else noticed how thick some of those chicken breasts are???).  The meat was moist and so flavorful!  

Ingredients
  • ½ cup flour
  • ½ Tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 3 pounds chicken thighs
Instructions
  1. Grease a jelly roll pan or other baking dish.
  2. In a medium bowl combine flour and spices. Whisk well.
  3. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and then place in baking dish, skin side down.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Flip chicken once, half-way through cooking.

No comments: