adapted from Just a Pinch
Yes, this cake is so good that I had to snap a picture of it before we ate it all! Every once in awhile a recipe comes across the Facebook news feed that looks too good to not try. Then, you read through the ingredients and you realize that you have everything on hand! That happened with this recipe last Saturday and this did not disappoint! It was good still really, really warm (almost hot), it was good warm and it was good cold. The perfect dessert. I altered it slightly so my husband could eat it and I couldn't tell - I have some vegan butter that I use for him and then, well, I just used water instead of milk. It turned out perfectly fine :-)
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup butter very softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix all of the "batter" ingredients, except butter. Mix well
2. Slowly add in melted butter and mix well (It will splash so SLOWLY is important!)
3. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
4. In a seperate bowl, mix topping ingredients together til combined.
5. Drop topping onto prepared batter and swirl with a butter knife
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
7. Pull cake out of the oven and mix glaze ingredients in a seperate bowl
8. While the cake is still warm (hot), drizzle glaze over the top. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting/serving.