Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weight Watchers Saturday


I'll be honest and say I did not have a great week!  We had lots of leftovers this week from various things so instead of making my planned lunches/breakfast, I chose to eat leftovers instead of throwing out so much food.  The good news is that I have the grocery items that will all carry over to next week!

For lunch next week, I will be having: Baby Spinach Salad with Honey Roasted Butternut Squash, Blue Cheese and Dried Cherries and Hot Spinach Dip with dippers.  I'm not sure what I'm going to dip yet.  The two items listed are 7 and 3 points a serving respectively so I don't want to add many points.  I am leaving the pumpkin seeds out of the salad though so I probably have a point or two to play with but I'm not changing the point value.  I have heard that jicama is good for dipping so I may try that for something different. 


For breakfast, I will be making: Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Muffins.  The recipe actually calls them cupcakes but, they look a lot like muffins!  They are 3 points each so I can have 2 plus 1 cup of skim milk for 8 points. 

I would like to share a recipe from a few weeks ago that I tried that we loved.  I say "we" because my husband ate it when came home from work and loved it!

Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stirfry
adapted from: Ginny's Skinny Recipes

This was a fantastic recipe.  I chose to leave the fish sauce out because it was too expensive to purchase and then not end up using.  Also, I could not find the Thai Kitchen Pineapple and Chili Dipping Sauce so I used a Thai Noodle Sauce instead.  Also, I only had 1 piece of chicken; next time I'll make sure there is the right amount of chicken too!

Servings: 4 • Size: 1.25 cups • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 186.6 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 15.5 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Sugar: 8.3
Sodium: 557.2

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen fish sauce
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp oil, divided
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp minced ginger
  • 2 cups cubed assorted colors bell peppers (1/2-inch cubes)
  • 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce
  • cilantro leaves (for garnish)

Directions:

Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and
ginger; stir fry 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.

Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended. Garnish with cilantro

No comments: