Saturday, October 2, 2021

Weekly Menu

 Can you believe it is already November?  How crazy is that?  The last few months have just plain flown by and I am ready for things to slow down for the last few months of the year so we can settle in and enjoy the holidays.  As we start November, I start to pull out some different recipes and plan more "comfort" food meals - those cold weather days are perfect soup days or days to have the oven on for hours to slow cook something and make the house smell so good!  I'm slowly shifting into that gear :-)  

Here's the plan for our coming week which includes a very busy weekend! 

Friday - Yorkshire Pizza, Chips and Dip.  We are starting to cut back some on eating out so tonight we are eating in!  I've made this pizza before and we really liked it - this time, though, I have to make two because Josh wanted his own HA!

Saturday - Today is "Josh's Day" - for birthdays the kids pick two restaurants and two activities to do as a family - So we are heading to 5 Guys for Burgers for lunch before going to Dave and Busters and Sky Zone.  Josh then picked Mexican for dinner.  We are also planning a stop at Baker Bookhouse for Josh to look for a new Bible -- something a little more grown up and less kid style. So a fun, busy day! 

Sunday - It's Halloween!  And Church . . .and Choir . .. and a youth activity.  Yes, a busy, busy day!  We had several meals that did not get made last week so I'm starting with those!  Meatballs in the crock pot for an easy dinner when we get home.  To keep it simple I'll have a salad, chips to go along with the meatballs (we have a joke in this house that there is "always chips" to go with a meal --- and it is true LOL)  

Monday - Carry over from last week - Crock Pot Fajitas, salad, and chips and salsa.  

Tuesday - Tuesday is our busiest day of the week with lots of running for piano lessons.  I usually do crock pot meals but tonight I'm going to make Meatball Soup and French Bread.  The soup is "soup"er simple (see what I did there?) but is one of our favorites. 

Wednesday - Spaghetti and garlic bread.  We actually had this not long ago but it's a family favorite of three out of the four of us (not mine HA!) and it makes for an easy dinner on Wednesday nights before Nate heads off to AWANA.

Thursday - Finally, it's another soup night. Not long ago I picked up some soup packages by Bear Creek and so far the two we have tried have been really good.  I'm going to use the third one tonight (A veggie soup).  I tend to add a few more things to them to build them a little.  I'll add some veggies and maybe some cooked ground beef.  I'll also make yeast rolls and use up any salad fixings in the fridge.  

I'm hungry just typing this up for the coming week!  

No comments: