I did not do a great job at taking individual photos of my food! So, this photo shows both my Green Bean Casserole and Sweet Potato Casserole.
Today I'm going to talk about my Sweet Potato Casserole. It is amazing.
I found this recipe years ago on a blog I followed called Comfy in the Kitchen.
I love that it uses real sweet potatoes that you cook in the oven and then scrap the goodness out to mix with everything else.
I love that it has two toppings. Now, the recipe tells you to do diagonal lines of each type - the streusel and the marshmallow - but in this house some people only like marshmallow so I do half and half. The lines make it look fancier HA!
You van find the recipe HERE:
|Sweet Potato Casserole|
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 40 mins
Total time: 2 hours 5 mins
- 4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 425
- Clean and pierce sweet potatoes and bake for 1 hour or until tender
- Let stand until cool to touch (about 20 minutes)
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Slice open sweet potatoes and take out insides, place in a large mixing bowl
- Beat mashed sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine cornflakes cereal and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over casserole in diagonal rows 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows in alternate rows between cornflake mixture; bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.