Monday, November 30, 2020

November Goal Recap

 October seemed so long and November just seemed to fly by!!  I do feel like I had better success this month with my goals which always makes me happy!   

1. Scrapbooking - 1) Finish my nieces book (a broken record) but this time it will be done.  As I mentioned in a previous post, if I need to I'm going to change the "story" of the book so I can finish it.I had a plan but didn't accompish it.   2) Complete 2 pages a day scrapbooking (so 60 pages total) Done!   3) File all of the photos I have on hand right now and, once those are filed, order the April photos Done!  4) The Spines - my goal this month is to focus on the top shelf of my scrapbooking shelf and make sure the albums all have page protectors and decide if I'm flipping any of the album covers for others.  I did not get to this yet.  

2. Reading - 1) Just read.  There is nothing better then curling up with a book.  I have a lot on my kindle :-) Done!  2) Write my reading goal for 2021 Done!  Well, it's not written specifically but my books are organized and the photo is taken to actually write about it 

3. Cleaning - 1) The kids bedrooms.  First up is Josh's stuff.  I plan to take a weekend (or 2 if needed) and just spend hours sorting and cleaning out (with Josh's help - he says he wants to get rid of TONS of stuff so we will see!).  Once that room is done, we will work on Nate's stuff. Josh's room is 90% done - we just have the last round of sorting and organizing done.  Because Josh's room has taken longer, I won't get to Nate's room until december.  2) With holidays coming I just want to take time and just simply clean.  I'm hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas this year so making sure everything is nice and neat is key.  Done :-)  

4. Family - Very simply, Thanksgiving.  That is our focus this month.Done 

5. Homeschool - Our goal is just to continue on track.  Both kids are going to finish some, if not all, lessons by Christmas as long as we keep going.  I also want to find some supplemental things for them to do when they are done until the semester begins in January (fun but educational) Done :-) 

6. Holiday planning - 1) Decorate outside for Christmas.  I usually watch the weather and pick a "warm" weekend day to do it all even if it is the beginning of November!!  Done 2) Plan Thanksgiving - the food, the decorations, and all that fun stuff!  Done 3) Get our Grinch calendar gifts-- keeping it super simple! Done 4) Make my gift plan for the kids so I know what to order and when Done 5) Plan our December so we do what is important to us first. I'm putting finishing touches on this :-) 

7. The Basement - This is the bonus space.  If I can find time to do 20 minute sessions in the space, I will and if not, I won't. No bonus time this month :-)  

8. Piano - Just finding a way to get the kids through some lessons This has been a struggle with extra kids here who are always in live lessons with their teachers while my boys have seatwork time.  

9) Photography - Time to read my new book once section at a time and practice :-) Maybe when I'm snowed in this winter . . .. 

10) Spiritual - Complete my Thanksgiving Bible Studies I forgot I even bought one!  Geesh! 

11) Misc - 1) Clean up the yard and fill in the holes 2) Have Josh finish his artwork from last semester  3) Pick out camping dates for next year so I'm ready to reserve them on time  4) I have an idea brewing for a vacation next summer but in order for it to happen I have to plan now and begin saving so my goal is to get it all planned so I can start saving for it :-)  5) Clean out the vehicles and set up my new organizing bins in each one (for lysol, wipes, extra bags, etc) 6) Make sure my November flag is hung up :-) This is the only thing done in the list!  7 I cleaned the garage last month but there are 4 bins of "donations" that I put out there like 5 years ago HA!  While pulling them down to decide what to do with them, I found a basket and two bins I had been looking for for quite awhile so I've decided I need to go through those bins before I donate them! 

No comments: