Saturday, October 24, 2020

2020 weekly photos #40 and #41

 I was gone last week and didn't get a chance to post my normal Saturday post so I'm going to include that in this weeks post! 

Week #40 - 

Saturday - We took off and got our pumpkins. 

We enjoyed donuts and cider first.  We may or may not have enjoyed cider right out of the jug because we had no cups HA!  It did make me miss my brother, Kel, because he loves cider and donuts! 



Sunday - Mostly football but we went outside for awhile and the kids played a game with Darryl on the swing.  


The swing set was a "hand me down" from my brother Ken.  His kids enjoyed it for years but when they moved, he passed it on to us (plus his kids had out grown it).  I'm guessing it is over 20 years old and it is really starting to show its age.  We aren't sure if this will be the last year for it or not - the wood is really starting to split and the safety of those swinging is sometimes in question.  Who knows, Ken might have to help tear it down next summer when he visits ;-)  (He can't wait to visit now LOL) 

Monday-Thursday were all school focused with a little excitement of this spider showing up.  The kids are convinced it is a wolf spider. I just think it's big and needs to leave me alone!


Friday - Darryl and I took off on a get away to South Haven


This staircase in our cottage was fun HA! 


Week #41 

Saturday  and Sunday - Darryl and I were enjoying time in South Haven.




Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were just school focused. 

We may or may not have had fun with this costume. 

Thursday - Josh's birthday! 
Josh got to enjoy his choice for lunch which was Little Ceaser's Breadsticks and Sauce. 
We celebrated with our friends - cupcakes, ice cream and gifts. 
The kids played a game of football.  They usually play tackle but it had rained so they had to play touch football this time. 
Josh picked dinner which was KFC and then he got to pen his gifts and cards. 

Followed by his favorite cake - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. 
Hard to believe this kid is 12 and almost as tall as me! 
At least he has a ways to go to catch up with his dad! 

Friday - Josh and Nate played with some of Josh's new stuff while I grocery shopped.  Nate had TKD and then we went to my mom's for dinner.  We continued Josh's birthday fun by going to Taco Bell for their Cinnabon Things which was just amazing HA!  

What a great two weeks!  We have some fun planned for this weekend too! 

No comments: