Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Lessons from the Laundromat

Periodically I have to use the Laundromat for an extended period of time.  Right now is one of those times.  My washer was on it's last leg but I could make it work . . .but then my dryer burned up and that made things a little crazier.  For a few weeks, I just hung all of the clothes up to dry but we got tired of crispy clothes HA!  Going to the laundromat is not all bad and I thought I'd share some lessons I've learned at the laundromat:


1. It is wonderful to complete all of the laundry - washing, drying AND folding in about 2 1/2 hours a week (two trips a week!) . At home, I do one load a day which takes about 2 hours (55 minutes in the washer and 1 hour in the dryer!).

2.  Every one is considered your friend at the laundromat.  There is something about shoving your laundry in a dryer next to someone else that causes a conversation to begin.

3.  It's ok to wear your bathing suit bottom as a "skirt" on laundry day just so you can do ALL the normal laundry. 

4.  9:00 AM is the best time to do laundry - weekends are not.


5. I enjoy my quiet time while the laundry does all of the work :-)  (I sit in my truck, set the timer on my phone, and read!)

6.  It's ok to wear your jeans with holes to the laundromat so, again, you can do all of the laundry as well.  What's NOT ok is to have a huge hole in the butt of your jeans AND not wear any underwear!
7. It's all about perspective!  There are good things about the Laundromat but, eventually it will also be nice to replace the washer and dryer and not have to carry laundry anywhere! 



No comments: