Friday, February 2, 2018

Weekly Menu - The One with a Superbowl

This weekend brings one of our favorite days of the year.  It's superbowl Sunday!  Yes, we enjoy football in this house and look forward to the fun of this day all season.  I not only enjoy the game, I enjoy seeing who is performing - from the Star Spangled Banner to the half time show (not that I always watch it because sometimes it is DUMB!).  I enjoy the human interest stories that are showed throughout the day during the all day coverage of the events.  Of course, I enjoy the game - it is always a hopeful thought that the game will actually be . .. good . ..  .a nailbiter.  So, while I plan out fun food for Sunday, we will be eating simplier the rest of the week in order to try really hard to stay in budget :-)

Friday - Pork Chops, Baked Beans, Broccoli, and Crescents

Saturday - Ham and Scallopped Potatoes in the crock, Green Beans, Biscuits

Sunday - Superbowl!  I'm planning Sloppy Joes for lunch, followed by various snacks for throughout the afternoon and then wings for dinner. 

Monday - Total leftovers from Sunday. 

Tuesday - Spaghetti and Garlic Bread

Wednesday - Out before AWANA

Thursday - I'm not sure - Maybe it will be clean out the fridge night or just a chicken nugget/mac and cheese kind of night. 

No comments: