Friday, November 17, 2017

Weekly Menu - Thanksgiving

Amazingly, I stuck to our menu last week.  I made some new recipes that were actually pretty good.  I'll be sharing those in the coming days!  As we look forward to the coming week, we have Thanksgiving to look forward too!  I keep telling myself to keep it simple!!! Here's the plan for the coming week :-)

Friday - My original plan for tonight was leftovers.  But, considering the fact that the large bowl of leftover soup slipped out of my hands when I was putting it away on Tuesday night and splattered all over the kitchen, well, I don't have much for leftovers!  I know we have some things and I'll just try to supplement with favorites like Mac and Cheese :-)

Saturday - Amish Baked Chicken, Buttered Noodles, and Carrots

Sunday - At the writing of this I have decided if we are going to our church Thanksgiving dinner.  If we do, I'll take a salad and either rolls or a dessert if not, Pulled pork BBQ at home with fries.

Monday - The Kids have an activity at the Library which includes pizza so I think Darryl and I will have leftovers from the weekend.

Tuesday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Baked Brown Rice and Green Beans

Wednesday - It's the night before Thanksgiving and all through the house, not a person is cooking  . .not even ME HA!  I always try to make something simple because there is so much prep/cooking going on that I don't want anything extra. This year, we will have TACOS!!  I can actually prep everything for the tacos early in the week, making it even easier on Wednesday!

Thursday - It's Thanksgiving!  Here's the basic plan.  Turkey (of course), Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Cooked Carrots (I have a few recipes I'm dividing between), Mac and Cheese (Nate's favorite Thanksgiving food!), Cranberries, and probably some good rolls and flavored butter.  As far as dessert - I know for sure I'll make my favorite Pumpkin Pie and then I have about 20 different desserts picked out and I need to narrow it down HA!  Now, to keep it real, until I actually go shopping, this menu could change (that's for my mom's sake - this is not set in stone!!)




No comments: