Sunday, July 17, 2016

My Playlist

The choice this week from my playlist is a song by Twila Paris titled, "The Warrior is a Child."  This is a song that came out in the 80's so, yes it has been around for awhile but the words are still so true.

"Lately I’ve been winning battles left and right/But even winners can get wounded in the fight/People say that I’m amazing/Strong beyond my years/But they don’t see inside of me/I’m hiding all the tears." 

These words really struck home with me because I heard them over and over while walking through the weeks surrounding the circumstances with my dad.  I would hear, "You are so strong." or "I don't know how you are doing this" and really, it was a time where I just walked the road I was called to walk and trusted God to carry me through even when I was wounded by the battle and the tears were hiding.

No comments: