adapted from Side Tracked Sarah
- 2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs (can use crushed crackers if you prefer)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Flour (enough to dip your patties into)
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup (or use cream of chicken, like I did)
- 1 Package Au Jus mix
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and milk.
- Form beef mixture into 8 patties.
- Dredge the patties in flour to coat
- Brown the patties on both sides (You don’t have to fully cook them if you don’t want to since they’ll be cooking for 4 or more hours in the slow cooker, too)
- Place the browned patties into the slow cooker, layering them if you need to
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Au Juis mixture according to package instructions.
- Mix in both cans of cream soup
- Pour the mixture over the patties.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is done.