adapted from No Gojis No Glory
- 4, 6-oz black cod fillets (aka sablefish)
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame seed oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped ginger
- Combine all ingredients (except for fish) in a medium-sized airtight mixing bowl. Add cod and marinate for 24 hours. If possible, flip half way through marinade time to allow even flavor distribution.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove cod from marinade and bake on the center rack for 7-9 minutes, until cod is opaque and flakes easily.