adapted from Cupcake Diaries
- 1 box lemon cake mix, plus ingredients to make
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. strawberry preserves
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 strawberries, to garnish
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Remove from cupcake tins and place on wire rack to cool.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat butter till smooth. Add powdered sugar 1/2 c. at a time; add vanilla extract and strawberry preserves.
- Place frosting in a piping bag secured with a frosting tip (I used a Wilton 4B tip). Gently squeeze the frosting on each cupcake in a circular motion starting from the outside rim and working your way into the center. Top with a strawberry to gar