Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Family Gathering

My oldest brother and sister-in-law, Kel and Deb, and my nephew Micah came home from Brazil in mid-June and we finally got to see them the weekend before Darryl's surgery.   We all gathered at my niece's house for a cook out and lots of laughing.

 My brother, Kel, loves my boys and my boys love him!


 Big and Little kids alike love the hammocks my niece has hung between some awesome huge trees in her backyard.
The boys are in their glory because their favorite person in the whole world was at the gathering - my niece Kate.  They also love Uncle Kenny because he plays with them too.
 It was a beautiful day so we spent a lot of time outside just catching up with everyone.
 My nephew Kaleb is doing an internship in MA but was able to come to Michigan for a week to see his family. 

 Micah - my nephew.  He will be heading of to college this fall . .. he can't be that old, can he?
Kel - my oldest brother - I love him dearly!!!
 My parents.  They look pretty good if I say so myself.


 Ahhh, my sister-in-law Lynnette.  She is awesome
The boys getting beat up :-)
 The host and hostess - Alex and Alicia.
 Nana got into playing some games with the boys.


 My brother Jeff and sister-in-law Nora.  We don't see them often so having them at the gathering was a real treat.
My three brotheres trying to look mean.  Ken, on the left, finds that next to impossible :-)
 Brothers - Micah and Kaleb.

It really was an awesome day.  We laughed, ate, laughed some more and then just sat around and visited for awhile.  I will admit the drive home was long.  The boys had gone home with my parents so it was just Darryl and I - we did a lot of really loud singing with all of the windows open while driving down the expressway during the last hour of the drive but it was well worth the trip!

No comments: