Ok, maybe I'm little too excited but the boys have gone on a sleepover (a multiple day sleepover) to Papa and Nana's house. They haven't been gone for a few days since just before Thanksgiving so I'm ready for a break. Don't get me wrong, the older they get the more I miss them when they are gone but, lets get real, a 4 and 5 year old are pretty demanding AND extremely active.
As is normally the case, I like to plan some things while the kids are gone and this is no exception!
1) Friday -(by the time you read this - these things should be done!) the kids leave on Friday afternoon. I have one goal for the afternoon and that is to get the Christmas decor down outside. I probably would have done it earlier but I didn't want helpers. I know, I know, that is terrible ;-) But, I can take it all down in about 15 minutes by myself but with helpers it takes about 2 hours PLUS they would want to play in the snow when we were done. Once the extra kids leave, my husband and I are heading out for the evening on a date (my gift to him -a date a month!) We are going out to dinner and to see a movie (I think!). We may go to the bookstore too depending on time.
2) Saturday (Today!) - Ready, I'm going to sleep in ;-) Ahhhhhhh!!!! Then I'm going to scrapbook. That's right. Scrapbook. We have a wedding to go to late afternoon/evening but until it is time to get ready I can actually get some things accomplished.
3) Sunday - Ready? I'm going to watch football and scrapbook :-) I'm so excited to get to do some of my hobbies!
4) Monday - Unbeknownst to me when I planned this time without the kids, the extra kids won't be here today! So, Darryl's gift to me is giving me one day out by myself each month. Today is my day. I'm going to take Darryl to work, come home and go back to bed for awhile before heading into town for the day to window shop, do some returns and then meet my husband for dinner before we head home.
5) Tuesday - Ok, today I need to get something done. That is really putting away the Christmas Decor. When we undecorated, I threw everything into bins but not neatly and it is all piled downstairs. I'm going to get everything in the right bin and pick up the basement. It shouldn't take more than about an hour or so.
6) Wednesday and Thursday - Depends on when the boys come home. Not anything major planned. :-)
Lets see how much scrapbooking I can get done this weekend!