Friday, November 15, 2013

Food Friday - Pineapple Cheese Ball

Pineapple Cheese Ball
adapted from a friend

I have several cheese ball recipes that I really like but this is a new one!  Several weeks ago a mom brought this as the "mom treat" for Friday school; I could have taken the plate, sat in the corner and ate the entire thing.  It was so good that I went to the store, bought the ingredients and made it at home within just a few days.  For me, this cheese ball is the perfect combination of salty and sweet plus it is a softer cheese ball so you can just dig that cracker right in to the yummy goodness.  This would make a great appetizer/snack to take to any upcoming Holiday Party or Potluck.

12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 small can crushed pineapple, very well drained
2-3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
4 Tablespoons chopped green onion
4-6 Tablespoons Diced Ham (or finely chopped deli ham)
1 Cup chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients except the pecans and mix well.  Form into a ball (it is very soft - a spatula is able to do most of the work!) and chill.  Roll in crushed pecans; Refrigerate until served.  Serve with crackers. 


On a totally seperate note - I've started looking at Christmas Cookie Recipes!  Every year I think I will make all kinds of goodies and every year . . .I don't :-)  It isn't like we need it but it sure is fun.  I'd like to come up with some that are "tradition" so that as the boys get older we have those fun things on hand.  While looking through recipes, I also started looking through my own "recipe book" I created on line years ago when I used a Rol-a-dex to store my recipes .. .. I need to go through all of those because I've found some recipes we loved that I haven't made in years since those recipes never got reprinted to go into my new recipe binders.  All of the looking at recipes makes me hungry though!  

No comments: