Thursday, August 1, 2013

Weekly Menu - The Kids are Back

I really don't have any food prep photos this week.  It was just my husband and I this week and we tend to eat out a little more so I can have a break from some normal "duties".  But, this week, I've started looking at freezer meal ideas.  I'm not a huge fan of doing hours of cooking and filling the freezer.  I actually like to cook most days.  The "most days" is what has me thinking about freezer meals.  It would be nice to have some quick and easy meals to pull out when I don't feel like cooking.  OR when I think I have what I need to cook a meal and but I don't OR to use for lunch on days my husband is home during the week.  I always struggle with that meal - but don't want to cook!  I've started "pinning" some ideas and I want to try one each week, if possible.  It is kinda scary because I'm going in blind and will be making two pans of most items; we'll eat one for dinner and I'll freeze one.  I guess if we hate the recipe . . .I'll give the frozen one to my parents to try HA!  Actually, I'm going to start with some recipes we already know and love - like Meatloaf, Chili, Sloppy Joes, and more.  I will start adding some new ones in as well.  I would like to fill my freezer throughout this month and then use the frozen meals through the next few months; then refill it again. 

Friday - The kids still gone so I think we'll order in tonight since it is my last official "non-cooking" night.

Saturday - Darryl is on his own; I'm at my parents for the weekend to pick up the boys

Sunday - Darryl has a concert today and I'm at my parents to enjoy their church "Picnic in the Park".

Monday - Back to reality - it is time to cook again :-) I'm going to start right off with a Freezer meal called "Cranberry Chicken".  This is a recipe that I used to make but must have misplaced the recipe.  I already know we love it so I plan to make one pan for dinner and then actually make 3 additional pans for the freezer.  This pairs well with rice and asparagus.

Tuesday -Stuffed Shells with my homemade Spaghetti Sauce.  If it isn't too hot this week, I would actually like to make a HUGE batch of my Sauce and freeze it to use instead of buying sauce all of the time.  Garlic bread and Green Beans will round this meal out.

Wednesday - Darryl has practice so the kids and I will eat some pizza - something frozen most likely.


Thursday - Burgers on the grill and french fries.




No comments: