Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My New Planner

On Sunday, I mentioned in THIS POST that I had found a new planner but I was patiently waiting for it to arrive.  I was like a kid in a candy store going to the mailbox every day only to be disappointed until . . .yesterday!  The planner is exactly as it was shown on the website and I think I will get a lot of use out of it.  The planner comes from Picket Fence Publications .  .if you love it, I would order soon.  Based on last years sales, once they sell out, they are gone.

 My new planner, The Home Executive (sorry for the sideways photo - blogger was giving me issues!).  It is a soft covered, spiral bound planner.  It is small enough to fit into my purse (with is a Thirty-One purse skirt - so nothing huge), small enough to fit nicely on my desk, yet large enough to have writing room!
 Each month has its own two-page spread.  I love the full size calendar for keeping track of the entire month.  There is also a recipe included in each month and a place for notes. 
 Each week of the month also has a two page spread.  The left side has three columns that you can use for anything - one for each member of the family, one for planning, one for . .. well, anything you need!  The right side has a place for meal planning (the first colorful column), a place for a grocery list and then another blank column followed by a highlight column - a great place to write down fun stuff about the kids. What will I use mine for?  The first three columns will be for "Morning", "Afternoon" and "Evening" so I can list my to do list each day.  On the right side, the blank column is where I list school/field trip/ect notes related to preschool.
Finally it includes fun things like a page for birthdays, babysitter notes and Stickers!!!  These are super cute and will add some fun to certain events :-)

I look forward to filling it in starting with this week! 

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

That's a cute planner! I used to use Franklin Covey when I worked, but I've had a hard time finding just the right one since I started staying home with the kids. I might have to check this one out a bit more! Thanks!