Friday, July 19, 2013

Food Friday - Rice Krispie Treats; 2 ways

My kids had never had a Rice Krispie treat until a week ago.  Isn't that just ridiculous? HA!  Well, last week I decided to treat them to one of the passages of childhood and make some but I have two versions!

Traditional Rice Krispie Treats
adapted from Rice Krispies.com
Yes, these are just your traditional Rice Krispie Treat that used to be printed on the box!  If you are like me, this is a recipe that I never added to my Recipe Book so I thought I would share it.  I do alter the recipe .. . I double the butter and add about 6 cups of mini marshmallows (a full bag).  This keeps the treats softer and much more run to eat! 

The original Recipe: 

3 Tablespoons butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt the butter and marshmallows together until smooth; stir in the Rice Krispies.  Once mixed, spread into a 9x13 pan and let cool.

Butterscotch Rice Krispies Treats
adapted from . . .a friend

So, here's the deal.  When you make these, also make the traditional version . . .then feed that version to the kids and hide these to keep for yourself.  Yes, they are that good.  I could eat the whole pan.  While they are still warm.  Yum!  Here's my tip - keep these in the fridge to keep them from getting too melty but, if you are taking them to a gathering, they are fine left out of the fridge and or then a little less "krsipie" when you eat them.  Either way, they are awesome!



1 bag (12 oz.) butterscotch chips
Melt with 1 cup peanut butter
Add 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Press into 9x13 pan and refrigerate until firm


 

No comments: