Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow Cream

When I was a little girl, I read (and re-read) the Little House Books.  One of the things the girls did was make Sugar Snow.  I always said I wanted to do that but, of course,never have. Then, recently I started hearing about Snow Cream.  I decided that in the first BIG snow of the year, I would make some . . .and we finally had that storm at the beginning of February.  I used this Paula Dean recipe that calls for Evaporated Milk and it was to die for - seriously.  A friend of mine shared this recipe from Childbearing has Stolen Their Brains which just uses milk and sugar.


This is what inspired me to make Snow Cream! Look at all of that snow!!! 






Josh liked it and ate about . . .3 spoonfuls.  Nate tasted it and did not want anymore.  I ate my whole bowl ;-) HA!  It was very yummy but extremely sweet.  One little bowl was more than enough for me! I think, for now this is just a "once a winter treat". Maybe when the boys are older they will like it more and ask for it more . . we'll see!!

No comments: