Monday, September 10, 2012

Homeschool Happenings - Week 3

With the quick change of plans that sent my kids to my parents house last week, we aren't actually starting our activities until today.

Really quickly, I thought I'd share our basic schedule - nothing fancy and totally just in my head right now but this is my plan:

6:00 - I do actually plan to force myself to crawl out of bed at 6:00 and take a shower, have my quiet time, and eat a small breakfast all by 7:00. 

7:00 - Computer time, my kids normally wake-up between 7:00-8:00 and the munchkin arrives during this time as well.

8:00-10:00 - On most mornings, this is "my time".  This gives me time to do my daily routines and work on anything else I may need to get done.

10:00-11:00 - SCHOOL!!!!  The basics will be do to calendar time (about 10 minutes) every morning and then do Bible with everyone (about 10 minutes).  The two younger boys can play as they please while Josh and I work on our All About Reading and Preschool Skills.  When we are done, we are done - it may be before 11:00 which is fine. 

11:00-12:00 - Free time for all.  The kids can play and I will have time to check e-mail, write blogs, etc. 

12:00-1:00 - Lunch :-)

1:00 - 2:00 Free time for the kids; Time for me to work on my Item of the day (On Monday's we'll go grocery shopping, while the rest of the week this time is for me to work on future lessons and on any projects I have going)

2:00-3:00 - Afternoon Activity - this varies daily.  We will cook, have a piano lesson, play a game or do some fun physical activity.

3:00-3:30 - Free time for the kids; time for me to get dinner prepped and pick up the house as needed

3:30-4:30 - Outdoor Time - as long as we possibly can, we'll go outside during this hour - this will give me time outside with the kids either to play with them or work in the hard (or read, lets keep it real!)

4:30-7:30 - These are the "killer hours" :-)  Getting dinner ready, eat dinner, clean up, family time, bath time and bed time.

7:30 - down time :-)

Now, that is our basic schedule.  Friday Mornings will be taken up with Friday School - we'll be gone from 8:15-12:15 and the afternoons will be basically free time - the kids will be ready to play and, honestly, I'll have things to get done too!

Every other Tuesday - we are planning on MOPS.  Our first time is this Tuesday so we'll see how it goes.  Assuming we decide to do it, then we'll be gone from 8:15-12:30 on those Tuesdays and again, the afternoon will end up being more free time. 

Yes, I have a plan each week of what I want to get through but, we'll going to move at whatever pace works for Josh so it may take us two weeks to get through a "weeks" lesson or he may move quickly some weeks and we'll get through more.  I do have some theme units that will add some fun things but, as I looked at our schedule, I've decided to not push those yet and just get us both used to have school work to do.  I'm leaning more towards doing Theme's at certain times (like around holidays) and focusing either one or two weeks only on those activities and taking a break from our regular work but that is just a thought :-)

Hopefully next week I'll have good things to report and some pictures too!


No comments: