Thursday, September 27, 2012

Home Organization Challenge 101



abfolbutton


This weeks Challenge space was the home office.  Now, I don't have a "home office" but more of a home . . desk . .in the corner of the living room . . where everyone can see it, kind of space.  It is a true bear to keep clean and organized because everything gets dropped on my desk.  Not to mention that my husband uses it and my kids have gotten naughty and get in the drawers when I'm not looking. (I used to have them all taped shut but it about drove me insane so we are working on them learning to respect other peoples stuff!!)

A little history.  I love my roll top desk.  I challenged my dad when I was in high school that I would save up half the money for a roll top desk kit that we could built together if he would pay the other half.  Of course, he said SURE!!!  Well, I was only half way there in my saving up of money when I saw what looked like a nice roll top desk on sale at a local furniture store so my dad agreed to split the cost and buy it.  He went to get it, discovered it was kinda junky, and then MORE than split the cost and bought me this desk.  Wow, I just realized it is an antique - this desk is 25 years old!!)  It has moved many places and let me tell you, that thing is a bear to move!  Three moves ago, my dad finally took the thing apart to move it, which helps, the downside is that it never quite goes together the same so now it is impossible to move without taking it apart.  (For the record, I have taken it apart, moved it, and put it back together by myself HA!)  So, even though, really, it isn't the most practical space anymore, there is no way I'm getting rid of it.  Instead I try to be as creative as I can with the space to keep it uncluttered and useful.

Here are a few photos that I took at the beginning of this week - this is probably one of the worst days for my desk HA!  I had it all cleaned and organized but being sick last week kinda put everything on hold.







Now, it is all cleaned up again and ready to be used.  This is more what it looks like all of the time.  I'm getting to the point that I may start pulling the cover down to keep little hands out of my stuff . .. but then I might actually have to lock it and that just becomes not fun! 



Now, if you go back to the source and see HER office . .. well, you will be as amazed as I was . . .wow.  I think her office is bigger than my house HA!

No comments: