Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Too Cute Not Toot!!

Welcome back!  I'm back with one of my favorite posts this week and am going to start out with a great idea for out doors.  I love things that decorate outside.  This summer we haven't been able to really hang outside a lot due to the heat but I am looking forward to the fall when we can play outside more.  When I saw this cute idea from Sew and Dipity I had to share it and I'm going to add it to my list of things I want to do for next summer. 
I don't know about you, but I love the Olympics.  I'm not sure how excited I can get my kids about the upcoming Olympics but I love all of these ideas for the future - in 2 years, I think I can really get them going!!  I will be printing this idea from Alililyblog and putting into my theme notebook for "school" :-)

Yes, I know it is the middle of summer but this soup recipe from Jam's Corner is too good to pass up.  I plan on printing this now and saving it for the first few cool fall days.  It's a bonus that it is a crock pot recipe :-)
This next idea was posted at Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy and are from Kiwi Crates.  Basically, you sign up and get a crate each month with crafts in it and you can add a sibling plan and get enough for two kids (or order two crates so they each get their own).  The crates are $19.95 a month but you get two crafts in each crate and it includes all of the supplies.  Anytime I've seen these, I've loved them so I'm hoping that sometime over the next year I can join and get these for the boys (using the sibling pack idea).  I think it would be a great addition to our homeschool routine.
Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy also is doing a series on "Books for Boys" so I wanted to share the most recent idea - you can use this link to also find the older posts on this series.
This next idea is not a craft but a list of books.  The list comes from Joyful Mothering.  I've realized recently that I've gotten away from reading any books except "fun" books.  This list has some great books in it - some already on my list and some that are not.  I'm going to be posting soon about my updated book list  . ..

I Heart Crafty Things shares a great indoor game for kids using just a diaper box and some balls. 

This next "idea" is actually something to purchase but I want to save it here so I remember.  It was posted over at Happy Go Lucky - I want to get these for both boys for Christmas :-)

No comments: